For many, winter brings a shining opportunity to flaunt all those stocked cosy winter wear but for others it’s a season of dry, chapped, rough skin and super dry and frizzy hair. There isn’t any way out to get rid of cold, chilly and dry weather but there are a few things we can do to help our skin and hair feel healthy and moisturised. There are a few tricks and tips that I follow and swear by.
Start from head to toe
- Oil your hair with moisturising oil like olive, coconut, almond, castor (mix it with other oil never use it by itself).
- You can add essential oils to your regular oil or Vitamin E capsule. You can also use deep conditioning mask at least once a week.
- Also while washing it use moisturising shampoo and conditioner. You can also choose a conditioner that can be applied to your scalp in order to nourish it.
- After washing your hair, try to air dry it (as blow drying can make your hair dry and prone to split ends and brittle hair) and after its 90% dry apply a hydrating hair serum but don’t apply it to roots as that may make our hair flat.
- For skin apply heavy moisturiser (if you find it oily then switch to lighter formulation).
- Focus more attention on palms and feet they tend to get dry and chapped faster as they do most of the work of your body.
- Also don’t forget to keep applying and re-applying hydrating lip balm/petroleum jelly to your lips.
- Moisturise mainly after shower in morning and before sleeping at night as it works the best then.
- Apply generous amount of Sunscreen because even though sun seems non-existing or like treat or warmth, you need to apply sunscreen as atmosphere still has harmful ray that can harm your skin.
- Cleansing-scrubbing-toning-moisturising as your ritual at the end of your day before you sleep as your skin responds the best when you sleep.
Lower down the heat
- Even though it may seem like the best thing to do in cold avoid taking hot bath, always stick to lukewarm water as heat takes away all the moisture out of your skin.
- Also avoid heat styling for your hair.
- Hydrate your body from inside first
- You would have heard this million times that water works the best but I’m going to tell you this once again because if little effort is going to take you long way then what’s the harm.
- You can have numerous ways to flavour your water. Just go on Google and search “DIY flavoured water” and find out what works best for you. So drink up ladies :p
- After hydrating, nourish your body with healthy food and healthy fat you can do this with proper combination and balance of food groups on your plate.
- Final but very important tip that I can give you is even after following healthy diet and external care your body isn’t behaving itself then please go consult a dermatologist as he/she can assess your skin type or skin issue and give you a beauty regime or health supplement if you need any.
All of the above is what I follow and works perfectly fine for me but if you don’t find it appropriate you can alter and customise the same for yourself.
Thank you for reading.